The changes occurring in the economy due to the new coronavirus pandemic have led many families to seek alternative means of support. One of the segments that has seen significant growth in demand for professionals is the delivery sector. Want to join the industry and earn extra income? Learn how to work as a motorcycle courier in this article!
What does it take to be a motorcycle courier?
To work professionally in deliveries, you’ll need much more than just a motorcycle. Legal requirements state that, to work as a motorcycle courier, you need to be at least 21 years old, have a driver’s license in category A for at least 2 years, and have completed a 30-hour course for motorcycle delivery.
Motorcyclists must also have reflective strips on motorcycle accessories, such as helmets and riding gear. This element is essential because it provides more safety to the motorcyclist, something extremely important in a country like Brazil, which has seen a 72% increase in the number of accidents involving motorcycles in the last 10 years.
Finally, to accommodate the items you will deliver, you need a good plastic box for your motorcycle. A recent release from iCbras that you can check out is the 100-liter motorcycle box. In addition to its distinctive colors, it has unique features that provide more security for transportation. Click here to learn more details.
Where to work with motorcycle delivery?
A motorcycle courier can either be hired under the CLT (Consolidação das Leis do Trabalho) regime, similar to a full-time employee, or work as an independent freelancer. In the case of formal employment, you can search for job opportunities in delivery centers, which are prevalent in most cities, or in restaurants that have a dedicated team for delivering orders to customers.
The second option is freelancing, where apps play a significant role for motorcyclists. These apps act as intermediaries between suppliers and customers, with couriers serving as the link between the two ends.
According to data from Corebiz, reported by the Valor Investe platform, there was a 77% increase in the number of delivery orders in the first two weeks of social isolation, driven primarily by app usage. This consumer behavior is expected to persist for a significant period, as mobility restrictions continue in various Brazilian cities.
What you need to know about motorcycle delivery apps.
There are several options that motorcycle riders can use to make deliveries with the support of apps. Among the most famous ones today are iFood, Uber Eats, Rappi, and Loggi. Each of them has specific features, whether it’s a greater focus on a particular segment or the possibilities they offer to users.
Even though it is a freelance job, to make deliveries on one of the mentioned apps, it is necessary to register and be approved. Typically, the websites request photos of the driver’s license, motorcycle registration, and driver’s documents. These details are checked and analyzed for you to join a delivery app.
Other important points you should know about being a motorcycle courier.
- While there isn’t much variation in payment rates among the delivery apps, each company operates in its own way. The best way to check the payout for a ride on an app is by accessing the official website of the brand;
- To increase profitability in the profession, it’s interesting to develop strategies capable of boosting earnings without necessarily increasing the number of hours worked. One such strategy is to choose peak hours for deliveries, typically between 11 am to 1 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm;
- Analyze the delivery apps and professional opportunities in your city to understand the best approach to increase your income;
- Conduct tests on the apps to determine which one aligns better with your needs;
- Always adhere to traffic regulations. Working on a motorcycle involves daily risks, and the best way to protect yourself is by following the guidelines established by law. These regulations range from wearing the correct attire to adhering to the maximum weight limit for the motorcycle’s plastic box;
- Take advantage of iCbras motorcycle boxes for added security in your deliveries and to ensure safe travels.